Franconia Ridge

Franconia Ridge

Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Table Rock via the 'Easy' Way


My son Ryan and his wife Jen were visiting. Ryan asked me if I would like to go hiking...well, Yes! I had planned on hiking Magalloway Mountain this week. They agreed to hike there and we would add a bonus hike of Table Rock since we would be driving by on our way north. Son Brandon would also be joining us.

A few years ago Brandon and I hiked up to Table Rock via the Climbing Trail, in a light rain. That was a tough hike/climb. Today we would be hiking what's known as the "Easy" Way or trail 50. There was a few areas of mud and lots of slippery leaves but an easy hike to the top.

I was glad to see that the ledge at the top was drier than the last time I was here. Even with good weather and dry rock I would still not be hanging my legs over the edge today. Getting close to the edge of a ledge with hundreds of feet of thin air below is not something I need to do. The views were spectacular without getting close to the edge. The foliage was past peak but still colorful.

We spent a few minutes on the ledge before starting our descent down the same trail we came up. This is a very popular short hike and there were many hikers along the way. It was a good hike down. This was a nice warm-up hike to prepare us for our next hike today.

Back at the trailhead parking area hikers were still arriving. We got in the truck and continued the long drive to Magalloway Mountain.

Enjoy the photos and video!

Hiking to the top of this pinnacle

Lake Gloriette reflection

Lots of colorful leaves along the way

Heading up

Looking down the steep climbing trail

On the top of Table Rock

Lake Gloriette down below

Far enough for Brandon

Heading down


Slippery leaves

Colorful trail

Back at the trailhead


View From Table Rock in Dixville Notch




Having Fun in the Great Outdoors!





No comments:

Post a Comment