Franconia Ridge

Franconia Ridge

Sunday, November 28, 2021

52 With a View Finish on Mount Roberts


Summit: Mount Roberts
Trail route: Mount Roberts Trail
Trail conditions: About one to two inches of snow on the trail with some icy sections 
Weather: Cold with a partly cloudy sky
Total miles: 5.2
Total time:  3:30 

I had an exciting day ahead of me with a hike to Mount Roberts to complete the 52 With a View list. There was a group of hiking friends joining me for this hike, Amy L, Amy D, Robin, Jill, Danielle, Guy, Marty, Lisa, Scott, Steve and his dog Winston. Several of these friends have already completed this list.

We all met at the hiker parking lot and were on the trail just after 8:00 AM. It was a cold morning but the wind of yesterday was gone and the temp was tolerable. This is a nice gradual climb with one short somewhat steep section. The trail had about an inch of snow to start and a couple of inches at the summit with some patches of ice that were easy to get around. There are some great views of Lake Winnipesauke along the trail.

We arrived at the summit and enjoyed views of the White Mountains to the north. We stayed long enough for photos and to soak up some warm sunshine. I also wanted to savor this final summit before we started our descent. I think everyone but me put on microspikes for the hike down, I didn't have a problem. There were many hikers coming up as we descended. Back at the parking lot we had an amazing trailgate and it turned out to be quite the spread. 

I only needed a small number of 4,000 footers for my grid quest in the past few months so that allowed me to concentrate on the 52 With a View summits. I have thoroughly enjoyed exploring the mountains on this list. There are fun trails and spectacular views to be seen!

I want to Thank my friends for joining me on my final 52 With a View summit. Mount Roberts was the perfect hike for the finish! 

Enjoy the photos and video! 

Meeting at the parking area

On our way to the trailhead

The hike starts here

A look back at where we started

Stopping at the first viewpoint 

Heading up

Coming up to some open ledges

Another view of Lake Winnipesauke

On top of Mount Roberts for summit #52

View from the summit

Mount Washington

Snow-capped Mount Lafayette in the distance

Mount Chocorua



Descending Mount Roberts

Back down at the trailhead

A look back at Mount Roberts

Arriving back at the hiker parking lot





Having Fun in the Great Outdoors!

No comments:

Post a Comment