Franconia Ridge

Franconia Ridge

Friday, September 25, 2020

Foliage Hike to Pine Mountain


No serious hiking for me in over a month. So I needed to get the hiking legs working again. Pine Mountain is close by and it is a short, easy hike. I have done this hike from the other direction but not from Promenade Street so it would be a new route to this summit for me.

It was a cloudy overcast morning with a slight chance of spot showers and eventual clearing. I was the only one at the trailhead and it was good to be hiking again. It's an easy, gradual grade going up. As I got closer to the summit I could hear the sound of hammers pounding nails. It was coming from the Horton Center worship area that is private and I never did see anyone.

A spur path provided a view to the north. The foliage was looking spectacular. I kept going to the summit, past the old fire tower foundation and continued down the other side where there are open ledges that provide great views to Pinkham Notch and the surrounding summits.

There was a small group of hikers coming up from the other direction, it was the only other people that I saw during this hike. I kept my distance from them and started the return trip back down. It was getting warmer so I went to short sleeves and shorts. 

With lots of Fall colors and good weather it was a good hike to start building my up my strength. It was great to be back on the trail again!

The hike starts here











Summit fire tower foundation


Summit pin

View from the summit ledges

Looking up at Chapel Rock



I stopped





Back at the trailhead





Having Fun in the Great Outdoors!


No comments:

Post a Comment