Franconia Ridge

Franconia Ridge

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Snowboarding Bretton Woods


It was a solo venture to Bretton Woods today. A windy, cloudy day turned out to be beautiful, calm, and full of sunshine! The snow conditions were the best I'd seen this season.

I am not a seasoned snowboarder but I like a little diversity in my winter sports. It has taken a couple of years and some real hard falls to reach the level of looking relatively "cool" and comfortable getting down from the top of the mountain. You can call me a cautious snowboarder. I do have to pick my trails carefully and prefer good snow conditions unlike skiing where I can point my skis down any trail in any condition and not give it a second thought.


As the day progressed the weather just got better! Bretton Woods is one of my favorite places to spend a Sunday afternoon in winter. There's lots of terrain, good snowmaking and grooming, tolerable lift lines and a great deal on lift tickets for local residents!

As is always the case a fantastic afternoon on the slopes came to an end and it was a relaxing ride home enjoying the mountain scenery.


No comments:

Post a Comment