Franconia Ridge

Franconia Ridge

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Imp Trail Loop Hike


I poked my head out the door this morning to get a weather report - it was cold, wet, windy and raw with snow flurries. A great day to go hiking! With peaks in the clouds I was looking for a hike down below the summits and close to home. I decided on The Imp Trail, a 6.5 mile loop that passes over the Imp Profile cliff with great views.






There are two trailheads, north and south. One vehicle was at the north trailhead and I parked here. I walked the 0.3 mi. to the south trailhead, no vehicles parked there, and commenced my hike.





This trail is a gradual climb and was wet and muddy in places but easy to get around without any problems. I reached the North Carter Trail junction and there was a dusting of snow.





From here the Imp Trail continues for another 0.9 mi. to the top of the Imp profile cliff. It was time for a quick break, a snack and some photos. I expected to see some other hikers here but there were none.





It was time to make my descent. The trail was in good condition and I made good time arriving back at the north trailhead. Today's hike took me 3 hours and 45 minutes to complete.







This was a solo solitary hike today. It was an unusual hike in that I saw no other hikers on this very popular trail for the entire 6.5 mile loop.



Having Fun  in the Great Outdoors!

No comments:

Post a Comment